1.Women own 4 out of every 10 businesses in the U.S Source: WBENC
2. Women - led technology companies are more capital efficient Source: TechCrunch
3. Since 2007, the number of women-owned businesses has increased by 58%. Source: WBENC
4. According to the SCORE report, Women are slightly more likely to start a business than men. Source: WBENC
5. Local business generates 70 percent more local economic activity per square foot than big box retail. Source: Advocate Printing
6. 60 to 80% of all new jobs come from small businesses. Source: U.S. Small Business Administration
7. If every family in the U.S spent an extra $10 a month at a locally owned, independent business instead of a national chain, over $9.3 billion would be directly returned to our economy. Source: Advocate Printing
8. 22% of African-American small business owners are millennials, nearly twice as many than the 12% of millennial small business owners in the general population. Source: SCORE
9. Immigrants make up 12.5% of small business owners nationwide. Source: Business insider
10. Only 50% of businesses survive five years -- through most (70%) hit the two-year mark. Source: Business Insider
RED Development Group is a business incubator focused on building foundations, disrupting markets and creating sustainability in women-led organizations.
RED assists business leaders with generating the systems and processes necessary for explosive growth by asking the critical questions to help businesses not just survive but to create lasting legacies in their communities.